Guild Companions of the ARK
G.C.A. DATA PROTECTION PROTOCOL
Would members please see their Lodge Scribe
GUILD COMPANIONS OF THE ARK
DATA PROTECTION PROTOCOL
Dated: 25 May 2018
1. The Guild Companions of the Ark being “a not for profit organisation” within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the 1998 Act”) must comply with the terms of the 1998 Act and, from 25th May 2018, the legislation to be enacted by the Data Protection Bill 2017 and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
2. The legislation described above requires that the Guild appoint a “Data Controller” who is responsible for implementing a system of processing personal data of members of The Grand Lodge (“Armenia T.I.”) and the Minor Lodges which complies with such legislation.
3. The Grand Scribe of the Armenia T.I, for the time being shall be the Data Controller of the Guild and, as such, must maintain the personal data of all members of the Guild and the Membership File on his manual or personal electronic device which must be protected by a personal access code known only to him and to the Grand Trustees of the Guild. The Scribes of the minor lodges must maintain the personal data of all members of the Lodge and the Membership File on his manual or personal electronic device which must be protected by a personal access code known only to him and to the Lodge Trustees
4. The Data Controller must use the information on the Membership file only for the purposes of carrying out his functions as the Grand Scribe of the Guild and the Minor Lodge Scribe must use the information on the Membership file only for the purposes of carrying out his functions as the Scribe of the Minor Lodge and must not share any of that information except with the written consent of the individual Member to whom the information relates.
5. It is recognised that the Data Controller may need to share information on the Membership File with other Minor Lodges and Armenia T.I. and its officers and others working for it so that they may carry out their respective functions; these are likely to be, but not exclusively, the Purser and the Trustees.
6. To secure confidentiality every officer of, or other person working for, the Minor Lodge, and the Armenia T.I. with whom information may be shared shall sign an agreement that he will use that information only for the purposes of carrying out his functions on behalf of the Minor Lodge or Armenia T.I
7a. In order that effect may be given to paragraph 5 above every existing member of the Lodge operating under the jurisdiction of the Guild will be requested, and every new member of the Minor Lodge will be required, to sign a form giving consent for the Data Controller to share information about himself on the Membership File with other Minor Lodges and with Armenia T.I,, or such other officers of, or others working for, the Minor Lodge, the Guild from time to time and in such circumstances as the Data Controller shall consider appropriate provided that the relevant officer of, or others working for, the Minor Lodge and Armenia T.I. shall have signed an agreement of the sort described in paragraph 6 above.
b. Any member refusing to sign such consent form shall be deemed to have resigned from the Guild.
8. Any member of the Guild may at reasonable intervals, and by simple written request given to the Data Controller sent via the Minor Lodge Scribe, require the Data Controller to provide him with details of the information held about him and may, in the same manner, require that any inaccurate details be corrected.
9. Any member of Armenia T.I. or Minor Lodge operating under the jurisdiction of the Guild Companions of the Ark, may withdraw any consent given by him pursuant to paragraph 7 above by means of a simple written request to that effect given to the Data Controller sent via the Minor Lodge Scribe.
10. The Data Controller shall remove from the Guild Membership File personal information relating to: -
(1) A deceased member of Armenia T.I. or Minor Lodges operating under the jurisdiction of the Guild no later than two years after receiving written notification of the death of the member from the Minor Lodge Scribe.
(2) A member of Armenia T.I.or Minor Lodges operating under the jurisdiction of the Guild who has resigned from the Guild written notification of his resignation to the Minor Lodge Scribe, no later than two years after his resignation became effective.
(3) A member of Armenia T.I.,or Minor Lodges operating under the jurisdiction of the Guild who has been excluded or expelled from the Guild no later than two years after the exclusion or expulsion, as the case may be, became effective.
(4) A member of the Guild who has been found not guilty on any disciplinary case may request in writing via the Minor Lodge Scribe to have the file destroyed.
11. The Data Controller shall report any breach of the provisions of this protocol of which he shall become aware to the Information Commissioner’s Office (if required by law) and to the member of the Guild in respect of whose details the breach shall have occurred and shall ensure that a note of such breach is recorded on the Minor Lodge and the Armenia T.I. Membership Personal File or Database.
Send mail to
Robin Todd with questions or comments
about this web site.
Saturday, 09 June, 2018